>My example of unspeakable things done by islamists is the public stoning to
death of the >
>teenage girl, and glee that went with it, and filmed, for falling in love
with the wrong 
>person.  Last week

If you are referring to the recent case in Kurdish Iraq, I think you need to
read the story again and you'll see that it was actually a non-Muslim
murdered by her kin folk for running away with a Muslim.  And that she had
been sheltered by a local Muslim sheik at great danger to himself, even
though the couple actions are unacceptable by their standards as well.

But I am sure that you can come up with other barbaric acts carried out in
the name of Islam, doesn't mean they are islamic, just as activities by
christians, hindu's can simply be characterised as christian or hindu.

Lots of people can quote lots of cases of unpleasant acts carried out by
people calling them "Leeds Supporters" but it doesn't we are all guilty and
that the act of supporting leeds United.  just because Verner and Wiggy wore
those Donkey hats in europe (ref list passim), surely doesn't reflect badly
on the rest of us?


> I've not heard any similarly unspeakable events done in the 
> name of Christianity recently - have any examples?

Have you ever heard of the lords resistance army or the Jonestown, Guyana
"suicides"? ,the later not dreadfully recent, but I'm sure a depressing hour
on google would drag up more recent examples. 

All religions and belief systems (marxism etc) are used by individuals and
groups to justify or defend terrible things As major religions go, Islam is
not unique in this.  I haven't read the koran, but the muslims I haved lived
and worked with do not believe that it directs them to do any of the
terrible things that have been done in it's name.  

Even Buddhists in Sri Lanka have been guility of vicious attacks, sometimes
organised and fermented by monks and monastries and used by the government.


ttfn

Richard


_______________________________________________
the Leeds List is an unmoderated mailing list and the list administrators 
accept no liability for the personal views and opinions of contributors. 
Leedslist mailing list
[email protected]
http://list.zetnet.co.uk/mailman/listinfo/leedslist
Join The Leeds United Supporters Trust at www.lufctrust.org 

Reply via email to