> This thread itself has seen the adoption of Bates original propaganda
> that
> anyone who even appeared to be against him must have been guilty of
> previously obtaining free or subsidised tickets. Nice trick, this
> tirade
> against the nameless and unidentified freeloaders who were draining the
> club
> of funds. Given where we are right now surely people don't still
> swallow
> this without question.

Rick, I think you will find that this (and other threads back in the day)
stem simply from the fact that posts from 'scratchingshed' and others
chipped in, whilst there was a genuine debate going on, with obtuse comments
and/or what seemed like riddles to the rest of us.  Clarification was
sought, none was forthcoming most of the time.  There was probably a reason
behind the inability to spell out what the issue was, but we weren't even
told that.

I know this for a fact, yes a proper fact and not just a figure of speech,
as on occasions I was told the reason or the riddle was explained off list.
So I know that not everything can be made public due to betraying
confidences etc etc.

But, as then, it is incredibly frustrating to have that kind of input to a
list debate.  I think the phrase used a lot (not by myself) in previous
debates was 'put up or shut up', which I am sure you remember.

This 'debate' is slightly different.  I cant see any reason why you yourself
didn't spell out, as you did a couple of days ago, why you have a problem
with Bates/CVA/buyback.  You seem to be doing so now without any problem.

Does that make sense?

For example, if you had said "Willis has asked the house to investigate the
buyback, I think this is a good thing because Bates has taken the piss, used
underhand tactics etc and I am worried because his offer had no provision
for team strengthening, the club needs investment desperately and I cannot
see anyone wanting to invest whilst Bates is in charge.  I also do not think
this will affect materially the team on the pitch, indeed if we get a new
owner they will hopefully want rid of Wise because I think he is a useless
little twerp".

THEN I (and others) would have known where you were coming from and quite
possibly 'debated' on the inward investment possibility or Wise's ability to
get us up.  I would then have seen that you didn't really consider Wise's
preparations as important, and therefore any issue of potential disruption
as less important than those of us who thinks he could do a good job this
season.  You wouldn't have seen the investigation on Bates as a threat to
the football team in the same was as I do (as I see Wise as important this
season), and therefore I would not necessarily have thought 'there must be
more to it'.





_______________________________________________
the Leeds List is an unmoderated mailing list and the list administrators 
accept no liability for the personal views and opinions of contributors. 
Leedslist mailing list
[email protected]
http://list.zetnet.co.uk/mailman/listinfo/leedslist
Join The Leeds United Supporters Trust at www.lufctrust.org 

Reply via email to