Good morning.
I've run into both problems in the past with my machine.
First the motor drive, I agree with you the motor that Legacy sells is very
expensive. But just having a motor drive unit is a must, and well worth the
added expense if you can afford it, (In the long run) but for me I couldn't
bare the price, so I ended up making my own unit. It took me a few try's but
I finely found a good motor and a limit switch .Let me tell you that motor
drive makes a world of difference.  We have covered this topic a lot in the
past, If you could, look up motor drive in the archives, If I remember
correctly,someone, found the same motor that legacy uses at Granger's for
much lower price, but I cant remember all the details at this moment. check
out this link.
(http://groups.google.com/group/Legacy-Ornamental-Mills/search?group=Legacy-Ornamental-Mills&q=motor+drive

 )

The other topic Dyna Glide. this one to I've spent a lot of time
researching. They beat me on this one. ;-(  (this topic is in the archives
of this forum.)
I've tried lots of different products, and so far I have not been able to
find anything that beats Dyna Glide. As a matter of fact, the felt glides
that I had on my unit became so GUNKED up with other peoples dry lub
products, that I ended up haveing to replace my pads beacuse the pads became
like brakes on my machine and I couldnt move my carrage with out a lot of
effert. The only advice that I can give you on this one, is to use a wax
blend spray, stay away from silicone. There are other people who sell
Dyna-Glide, Perhaps you can find another supplyer for your self,some local?
All that I can realy say is good luck on this on.
I have to go.
have a good day.