The one on HF is 36 turns per rev. I was anticipating on needing to
make an extension in order to turn it. I was also thinking  i would
mount it on the under side of the rails so the table would be slightly
above the top of the rails.what is the turns per rev on the legacy
rotary table?

If i were to make my own, i was thinking of using Steven Garrison's
method for cutting a convolute gear about 10 or 12 inches in diameter.
Then using the mill to make a worm gear. I have a few large blocks of
plastic i was planning on using for the gears. I think it would be a
fun project but im worried about the hysteresis. Perhaps the HF option
is a more viable option?

andrew