I really like your top and cam clamp.  How are you going to control the
degrees?  Say four example you need 10 cuts.

  From: Andrew Martin
  To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, July 09, 2011 4:27 PM
  Subject: homemade rotary table

  Ok...I finally got a chance to play with my HF rotary table. It turned out
working great! I started by making a table that mounted to the underside of the
rails. I did have to rabbet the table on the ends to  bring the table up
slightly so the teflon table i mounted on top wouldn't hit the rails. I then
took a scrap piece of T-track and inserted it into the table in an orientation
that allowed the shaft of the rotary table to line up with the center line of
the chuck i currently have installed on the mill. Once i had the HF rotary
table mounted, I removed it and drilled out the shaft and tapped a 1/4"-20
thread then inserted a 1/4" bolt. I then used a 7/16" socket with an extension
and mounted it in the chuck and...whoala!!!!...my HF rotary table can now link
up with my X-axis.

  Now the 3" table was a little small, so I had some teflon laying around. I
mounted it to the rotary table using the t-track in the table and then counter
sunk the nylon lock nuts. Once i had it mounted, I used the mill to cut it
about 11" round, then used my t-track bit to cut t-track in the teflon.

  Surprisingly, the hysteresis in the HF rotary table isn't bad. You can
actually adjust the hysteresis by adjusting a set screw on the side of it which
pushes the worm gear attached to the shaft closer to the driven gear. However,
the more you push it into the driven gear, the harder it is to turn, so I had
to pick a happy-medium.

  The HF table has a high gear ratio of 36:1 so doing any spiraled rosettes is
out of the question until i get the .25 gear reducer for the mill. But until
then, I'm sure i'll have some fun with it.

  Andrew