Tim,
I think he wants a one start .20 pitch on a 1.5 dowel. I think this is quite possible with a reversing gear modification. If the size of the gears were offset one gear at 24 teeth and the other gear at 120 1:5 would be accomplished. Then a 1 inch standard gear pitch would become a .20" and achieve the thread Dustin would need. What do you think?

Mike