From: "begatbrown" <darylmichaelsc...@gmail.com>
To: "Legacy Ornamental Mills" <legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 05, 2011 4:01 PM
Subject: Re: Vertical Mounting Brackets

Tim,

I think I have the concept, but I'd like to see the set up and know
what you did and could use them to do.

Begat

On Nov 5, 4:56 pm, "Tim Krause" <artmarb...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> A long time ago I made these brackets. I don't think I ever showed them to
the group since they where just a quick solution to a problem I had at the
time.

> They mounted to the inside of the inner rails. A board connects the two
and they form a poorman's version of the vertical vises Legacy was selling
at the time. I just clamped my stock to the wood connecting piece. They did
the job but they were slow to setup and remove. I was using Legacy's large
square tabs to mount them to the inner side of the inner rails. I had to
unscrew them to remove the brackets. I've been thinking there is a better
way to do this and I've come up with this drawing.

> It still uses a board to connect the two but I'm going to add 1/4-20
threaded inserts to mount the board to (not shown). The mounts will use my
HD mounts (1/4-20) for the narrow side rails and location tabs (not shown
bent) will instantly align the brackets square. They are 4" in total depth
so they will work on the bench models. Is this a useful idea?