Hello Again Myck
Here is the link to the original article
http://www.ornamentalmills.com/turningaround/BedExtension_1.htm

I hope this helps?
  From: Myck Rych
  To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 6:48 AM
  Subject: Re: Furniture Maker Who Hoisting of Mills out of Way when not Using

  Had another thought. I just studied my 900. The upper & lower rails are
identical.  As I said before I am no wiz at customization, but it looks to me
that one could take the lower rail & use it to extend the upper.  One could
then use wood to hold the head & tailstock. It would have to be quite good, to
keep the headstock & tailstock in alignment & to accomadate the gear box, but
many of you might be good at this. Just an idea, that might have promise???
maybe not....