I like that crazy idea, Bill! ;-)
  From: Bill Bulkeley
  To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2012 6:06 PM
  Subject: Re: Furniture Maker Who Hoisting of Mills out of Way when not Using

  I think I will leave my machine horizontal having it work horizontal and
vertical sort of defeats the purpose that started all this, the machines foot
print,  not only would  I need a long shop to house my machine but a high roof
one as well,and climbing a ladder or lying on the ground to change pitch gears
not for me I would never be able to get up off the floor :) :) now if I get a
long job I just open the door and feed the work in, the other way I would have
to open my roof and lower it in by crane or helicopter..:)  :)  :)  lololol
  how about a small mill that follows an already started spiral pitch that
moves along the log as its cutting . that way your only limited by how long the
log is.
  how's that for a crazy idea.