hello Brigitte,

Another option would be to make your own. I'm not at home right now so
i don't have the link available; but i made my own for my dust
collector using a 55 gallon drum. it is extremely affective. I have
not used a store bought one so i cannot make a comparison but if your
on a budget, you may want to do a little googling on homemade
separators. mine doesn't seem to get the small particles but it keeps
the big ones from going through the fan. Just anothe option...goodluck!