It is possible on a CNC, I can see it possible if you have a digital readout on
your z'axis, you have your drawing, take measurement of the depth say every 3/4
to an inch for the depth of the bit and move the router in with the part on a
turn table Lowering the bit with each movement.
Now if you were trying this with an oval, I think you would be out of luck

Jeff Becker