  From: Tom Dotta
  To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Friday, July 27, 2012 7:48 AM
  Subject: Re: Creating spirals on the rotary table

  Hi Tim
  First time poster but I've enjoyed reading all of the posts since being allow
to and thank you for that. The Ornamental turners frequently substitute a pen
for the cutter and a paper holder in place of the  material..Provides an
accurate, cheep look. I realize ornamental lathes are more accurate than a
legacy so maybe substitute a lite cardboard for the paper and find a proper
sized pen to fit the router chuck.
  Cheers   Tom Dotta