  From: Louis Brown
  To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2013 10:41 AM
  Subject: Re: Entasis

  Hello All,

  To make a plan entasis column on a 1800, I would think that the two
challenges would be:

  1.  Finding when you should begin to taper while rounding and the proper
angle.

  2.  To find the proper thickness of the birdsmouth spars to allow for a two
in or so difference in diameter when doing the taper.  I would think you would
want to avoid a solid column for reasons of price and weight.

  I did not imagine that you had use a template guide, except if you were
trying to put a bead near the top, which you sometimes see on columns.  Yet
even that might be possible without tapering using the right profile bit, or so
it seems.

  Begat

  On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 1:04 PM, Gary Moshofsky <iconograp...@comcast.net>