Good morning Jerry (and everyone.)
5/8" hole 3" deep, I don't see what it couldn't, even a normal plunge router
most have a 3" plunge depth.
CAN it do it? most defiantly, but is the Legacy the best tool for the job? I
honestly don't know, I think a drill press would be the best choice for this
job, Using a high speed router bit to bore a hole  may not give you  the best
control?and the set up and safety factor of one? that up to  you.
 NOW if you want to set up a large piece of wood and cut a series of holes
5/8"x3" deep to make a number of these duck calls?and then cut the wood into
pieces using the band saw before turning, I would say The Legacy might be a
good choice.

I would love to see your Duck calls, (if you could post some pictures, it would
be nice.)  Making a Duck call something that I've not tried to make before. How
is it done? do you drill out the wood and then insert a call into the wood,
much like making a pen? or is it more like making a whistle? (with an air
chamber???)

I hope you have a good day,