  From: Michael Garrison Stuber
  To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Saturday, May 04, 2013 10:59 AM
  Subject: Y Axis Movement

  Hi All,
      I recently picked up a 1200 used.  I've seen them for years and finally
bought one.  I've upgraded it with a chuck, as well as adding a morse taper
tailstock so I could add a live center.  I'm considering adding a drive motor,
and I'd love some advice.
      I have a bigger problem at the moment though.  When my router is running
there is enough vibration that the handle on the Y axis vibrates until the
heaviest part reaches the lowest point.  To improve this, I switched out the
default hand wheel with a better balanced speed handle like you might find on a
bridgeport mill.  It helped a little, but not enough.  Thus, I'll get the Y in
the right spot, fire things up, and then it (very slowly) moves.  Has anybody
else run into this?  Any tips?

  --
  Michael Garrison Stuber