  From: mostlyc...@yahoo.com
  To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
  Cc: Legacy-Ornamental-Mills@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 1:22 PM
  Subject: Re: New Members and Moderation

    Hi Tim,

  I'm Dan and have lived in Alaska for the past 30 years. Have been active in
the woodworking craft business for the past 10 years (mostly bowls) and am
retiring in the next couple of months so will have time to expand my horizons.
Really wanted to jump right into the CNC equipment but my wife will be retiring
within another year and didn't want to have to relocate all that heavy
equipment back down to America when we move. In the meantime, I am about ready
to purchase an Evolution and play with that until we make the move.  I ahve
spoken to the staff at Leagcy and didn't know if the members here could help me
out on a couiple of things?  First, the Evolution has 7 axis' and I'm not sure
exactly what 6 and 7 (the two tilting axis' on the Z) are for?  I notice that
they don't have a follower template on the new machine and was curious how
things like custom and swan neck molding are done on the new machine.  Also,
wanted to be able to use the rotary axis feature for hollowing segmented bowls
(I'm not very good with lathe tools) and not sure if this is available anymore?
 If anyone knows if they have replaced these features with different production
techniques (same end result) it would be helpful for me to know that before I
purchase a new machine. Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and will spend some
time reading through all the posts that are in this forum.

  Thanx,
  Dan