Hello again Joe

I ONLY cut in one direction on my mill. I use Mike Pungs method when ever
possible when turning. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjcFpO51upw I find it
speeds up my production without any Human error or back lash of the gears.
Check this video out.

on a similar note, i once asked andy if the gearing was that tight on the
legacy, could you advance the index and cut on the return stroke, and the
indexed cut would be perfectly in place...he said yes, but i found it hard to
believe...to do that there would have to be zero slop in the gears, not a
bit!...has anyone experienced this in their use of the machine?...to clarify,
if you make a cut going from the head stock to the end of your work piece, do
you then index and make the next cut on the return stroke?...or do you go back
to the head stock, index, and then begin the next cut, which would take more
time to complete the work piece, of course?...this gear slop issue has always
been a problem for me...on the older, not-legacy machine...curious if the
legacys might have similar issues...thanks...joe