Interesting thanks joe

Bill

From: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
[mailto:legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of joe biunno
Sent: Monday, 3 March 2014 9:25 PM
To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: linear bearing system upgrade for a legacy machine

hey bill...in regards to work support, this extended machine is being primarily
set up for twisting drapery poles, which,at times, exceed 12 ft in length...it
will also do bed posts,legs and finials but these are shorter and/or thicker so
no issues with the work piece sagging...for the poles though, we made wooden
supports that have adjustment features built into them(see photo
attached)...these will allow adjustments on the y plain and the z plain...the
poles are pre-made before mounting into the legacy...so we made two supports
for each diameter of pole we use on a regular basis...1 1/2",2", 2 1/4",
etc....if an odd job comes up, they are simple to make to fit any work piece,
even square...the maximun length the machine can handle is 15ft...so with two
supports, the max. length between any support is 5ft...maybe a small issue with
the 1 1/2' work piece(depending on the cut), but certainly adequate for the
other sizes...i originally designed a support that would have interchangeable
heads, but that was getting a bit complicated so we opted for a simpler
concept...we intend on doing all of our cuts from the side, or 3 o'clock
position, but did want to encapsulate the work piece...thus the adjustable top
piece on the support to allow the piece to rotate, but with no play(sometimes
the poles we use might have a small warp to them,thus the necessity  to keep
them in place along the x plain)...thanks for the reply...joe