From: Bill Bulkeley <bulke...@mmnet.com.au>
To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
Sent: Mon, 12 May 2014 12:17:28 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: RE: time for a question or two......

Indexing to the next cut is usually done by undoing the split nut and sliding
the saddle along and reengaging the split nut .the distance moved is usually
the same as the dia of the router bit
And the pitch on multiple spirals is in multiples of the router bit
Say a 2 inch barley bit a single start is a 2 inch pitch a 2start is a 4 inch
pitch a 3 start is a 6 inch pitch and so on ..
I like the 4x gears for very fast pitches i have one or on very large dia were
a very fast pitch looks right.
But most people are happy with just the 2x gears i think what do you all think

Bill