I'll add he was an innovator, teacher, curmudgeon, and a man that asked why
something could not be done and figured it out.  Without Art, this group would
not exist.   I never would have met this great group of people.   I never would
have known the joy of sharing information to the level I have in this group.

  From: Okla Mike (Liltwisted)
  To: legacy group
  Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2014 4:13 PM
  Subject: Art Ransom

  It is with a heavy heart that I inform the group that we have lost a friend.
Art passed this summer from cancer.  I spoke with his wife today and she said
he loved our group.  He loved and working with, and teaching woodworkers of all
ages.  She said his last day was a great day for him.  Up and around as if all
was well, then, that was it.  Art was a Veteran, an electrician, woodworker,
wood turner, and the CNC stuff.  Best of all he was a great friend, husband,
father and grandpa.  He will be missed.

  Mike
  OK