From: Bill Bulkeley
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2014 10:37 PM
To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Have YOU made a "splice" like this?

I think these guys are real tradesmen incredible joints and as for them
shrinking or moving or failing or not up to code these guys have only  been
making these temples for thousands of years and they are built to withstand
like earth quakes and only fall down when the rest of the city does

Otherwise there still standing to my way of thinking the joints must work up to
code or not

I’m not sure if I could do such a neat joint on such a large beam and have it
fit so perfect with mostly hand tools. looking at the video you’d be lucky to
fit a piece of paper between the joint I for one am very impressed and I’m
totally jealous I haven’t got such large beautiful timber to play with lolol

What type of wood do you think there using

Bill