Hello Joe.
It looks like it should work. Its nice that you will not have to rune your alum
rails.
I wish you luck. I cant wait to see how it turns out. ;-)

From: "'joe biunno' via Legacy Ornamental Mills"
<legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com>
To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2014 11:51:50 AM
Subject: Re: linear bearing mod for a legacy

update time...was able to purchase some of the railing i intend to use from
ebay...great deal...worked out to be $2.50 a foot...will soon try welding two
pieces together(they are 22" each...total of ten pieces purchased)...hopefully,
no "bumps"...was a little concerned because i forgot(duh!), that the legacy
railing is laid down on the "Y" axis...this presents a 7/8" wide opening and
the need to redesign the attachment hardware...but the linear rail "nestles"
into legacy rail quite nicely, to the point of self centering itself, if so
desired...next, picked up a piece of 1/8" X 1 1/2" flat steel from
mcmaster...this slides into the legacy rail...that space is 1 5/8" wide, the
difference of 1/8" can be very helpful, as i plan on drilling and tapping 10-32
set screws into each side of the legacy rail so the set screws are aligned with
the steel bar... in effect, you can lock in place and center/adjust the 1 1/2"
steel bar within the limits of that 1/8" difference...will be helpful when
setting up the linear rails and making sure that they are parallel...there is a
small gap between the bottom of the linear rail and the steel rail, so just
need to drill and tap holes that line up with the pre-drilled holes on the
linear rail and use the steel bar as a clamp...ordered one bearing carriage to
try as a sample but have not gotten it yet...but so far, things seem to be
going well...if welding the linear rails works out, there will be a big savings
(about $150.00, in my case)...sorry for the poor photos...i need a camera that
i can put a macro lens on...thanks...and as always, comments, suggestions and
critiques are welcome...joe