From: "'joe biunno' via Legacy Ornamental Mills"
<legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com>
To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, January 28, 2015 3:44:34 PM
Subject: Re: enlarging turning capacity of a legacy

showing some photos of a quick mock up i did to see how things are coming along
and to take some measurements...photos show a cross section of what will be the
enlarged diameter legacy...the measurement between the bed rails(the middle
rails) is 19 3/8", exact...from the cross brace at the bottom to the bottom of
the "Y"axis( did not have a long enough piece of rail for the mock up so i
ganged up what i had) rail is 19 5/8", exact...from this mock up i determined
that i need to lengthen the slot for the bed rail supports about 2", so the
tail stock can be at the center point of the 19 3/8"...i'll go a bit more just
to be sure...i will also cut a piece of plywood into a 19 3/8" circle and place
it inside and see if it is practical to make some gussets to go between the
cross braces and the vertical supports for some added stability...they would be
a bolt on piece...might not need them though, i'll wait till the entire machine
is assembled and do a check...so far so good, but a lot of work ahead...all
comments welcome...joe