I believe I did mention the gears and their linkage before you started your mod

Bill

From: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
[mailto:legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com]
Sent: Friday, 30 January 2015 9:32 PM
To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: enlarging turning capacity of a legacy

random stuff...laying in bed, thinking about this mod and something suddenly
came to me...because of the increase of the height of the machine, the distance
from the lead screw to the center line of the head stock, when the bed is
adjusted for the maximum diameter, is increased...is this going to be a problem
for the carriage?...even though i am lengthening the carriage...would i even
need the gear carriage if i am turning such a large diameter piece?...i do have
a spindle drive motor set up to independently turn a work piece, so no need for
the carriage there...but what if i want to do a twist on a large piece?...i
never considered the potential change to the gear carriage length due to the
height change in my preliminary layout to all this work...i do miss things from
time to time...been able to work out the other misses with no issues, hope i
don't get tagged on this one...anyway, just some random stuff...as a new work
day begins!...later...joe