From: "'joe biunno' via Legacy Ornamental Mills"
<legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com>
To: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2015 8:01:57 PM
Subject: Re: enlarging turning capacity of a legacy

latest update...head stocks done and set up on the mill...tail stock as
well...reinforced the tail stock to give it some additional strength so it
won't twist or warp...did the same to the head stocks as well, just in
case...everything lines up and spinning true, as it was before...did a mock up
of what i hope to be the modified gear train...simply used cable ties for
now...this idea seems to be the way to go...it will be quick and easy...just
some cutting and welding...setting up the one gear with that small ball bearing
will be a bit difficult, but doable...in this mock up the measurement from the
center of the head stock to the center of the lead screw is 15 1/4"...of course
this can change as the bed goes up and down(bed is currently set for a 15"
diameter turning)...going to give this some thought over the weekend, but if i
feel i like it, i'll start modifying the gear train on monday...as always, all
comments, critiques and suggestions are welcome...thanks...joe