Hello Don
Welcome to the group.
Im sorry to hear that you are running into some problems with the movement. I
would not file the bushing if I were you, loosen the the bushings up and
re-adjust the slides would be my first suggestion, and the second piece of
advice that I would offer to you is to buy some Dyna-glide spray lubricant (It
is a was based lub. and this stuff really works well on the Legacy Alum rail!)

A funny story along your PROBLEM lines, With my own machine.
My carriage was Very hard to move too, I had to use Dyna-glide all the time to
keep the machine from seining up . I have A good friend of mine, come over and
started looking at my machine, He asked if I adjusted,this and that... I told
him I adjusted every bushing and slide on my machine except the ones on the
carriage that Legacy said not to touch because they were factory set. (the ones
on the carriage inside rails.) He loosened one and then another. played with
the side to side movement to make sure... ) By adjusting two of four slides he
in ten min. made my machine move like it has never moved before. The Legacy (I
have a 1000ex a older unit than your machine. ) My slides are different from
you ones you have. but the carriage should move with out much difficultly. now
don't expect ball bearing supper smooth movement, there should be some drag,
but the movement should not be hard.
I do a lot of, by hand turning and milling, I realy think that the Legacy is a
great machine,its just a little finicky at times. (Think of the Legacy as a
Woman, If you treat her right,and take care of her, she will do good by you.
BUT if you take her for granted, She will ruin you hole day. or worse! ) ;-)
Now if and when you plan to use the Legacy as a copy lathe and follow
templates... I have some very good tricks that will make the Legacy into the
machine you never knew you wanted. supper fine finishes on your cuts, follow
templates... and so much more, AND IT is So easy to do, but LETS start with the
basics before you start moving into the advanced. (Beacuse the advanced, is
nothing more then a refinement of the basics.)
Have a good night.
And Good luck On you slide movement.