From: legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com
[mailto:legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com]
Sent: Sunday, 8 November 2015 2:41 PM
To: Legacy Ornamental Mills
Subject: Re: new member with legacy 1200

Thanks Curtis,

I saw the dynaglide lubricant on the Legacy website but didn't buy any yet.
I'll get some dynaglide and try it.  It's the X axis is giving me a little too
much restriction.  The Y axis (carrier tray) isn't too bad.  When I got the
machine, I cleaned out the saw dust from all the rails and used WD40 to clean
off any residue, then wiped it  down and sprayed on a silicone spray.  I have
pretty much disassembled and reassembled most joints by now and had to do a bit
of filing here and there to make things fit like they should.

I milled my first piece of stock round the other day.  It wasn't as smooth as I
had hoped.  There was a definite spiral ridge the whole length of the now round
stock, I'd estimate about 1-2 thousandths.  I then used a side flute router bit
and made 24 flutes.  Now that was actually pretty impressive.

Last question for the day.  This unit came with the canvas drape to catch the
sawdust.  For some reason the buttons to attach it too are missing/not
installed.  Where can I get these snap buttons and is it worth the effort?

Thanks,

Don

Curtis

[          ]

[          ]

7:49 PM (1 hour ago)

[          ]

Other recipients:

Images are not displayed

Display images in this post - Always display images from Curtis - Always
display images in Legacy Ornamental Mills

http://www.thewoodworkingshows.com/featured_products/dynaglide-plus-lube-spray
<curtg...@wowway.com> *To: *legacy-orna...@googlegroups.com *Sent: *Saturday,
November 7, 2015 8:45:50

http://www.thewoodworkingshows.com/featured_products/dynaglide-plus-lube-spray