I'm trying to understand the problem, but first glance is the duplex gear next
to the main drive gear is reversed.  It's probably related to how you made the
arm longer that you flipped the gear.  I need to contemplate this one some
more....

  From: 'joe biunno' via Legacy Ornamental Mills
  To: Legacy Ornamental Mills
  Sent: Tuesday, July 26, 2016 12:35 PM
  Subject: gear train problems?

  ok, so today we began a job of doing some harlequin, twisted poles...light
"V" cut, 7 1/2" pitch, left and right cuts on the pole...and during set up, the
large washer on the first gear of our drive train(not the gear on the lead
screw), began binding and would back out the center screw that held it to the
sliding adjuster...the screw would back it self out, the washers would separate
and all hell would break loose...this never happened in the past and was
curious if any other member of the group has ever experienced this...we tried
tightening the screw but that just seemed to bring the gear up to the point of
binding and not moving...we replaced the thin washers that go between the
bearing and the large washers(on the inside), replaced the lock
washer...nothing worked...so we came up with the idea of a "bridge" type
support that would lock both large washers to the sliding gear adjuster, and
thus not allow them to turn at all...this also allowed us to back off the
center screw a bit to reduce any chance of binding...the gear is still
removable if it needs to be replaced or the bearing needs to be changed...only
time will tell if this is a successful solution...any recommendations are
welcome...thanks...joe biunno