Hi Tim K.... I doubt anyone would be a buyer at $5,000... still
overpriced... I would think $2,000 to $2,500 might get a sale, but it might
take some time before a sale is realized, but even at that price, it is a
reach... and you still have the old "location" problem and the expenses of
picking up a machine... and would the buyer be interested in a purchase for
a business reason or a semi-serious, home shop woodworker?... not a lot of
hobby-ist type people can afford that price for a machine that, lets face
it, even with the best of intentions, most likely will not use it very
often... I have seen situations like this many times, most often at an
auction, where the owner of a shop is retiring or simply closing down his
shop for anyone of a number of reasons and thinks an auction of his
equipment is going to provide a windfall of money... the person who is
selling this Legacy is also selling a number of other machines and they are
well over priced as well... usually not taken into account is the age of
the machines, their inefficiency as compared to newer, modern machinery
that can do the work faster, safer and better... let's not be swayed by the
dozen-or-so, die hard Legacy owners who are the main force of this group.
and who will most likely die owning their Legacy machines... selling this
stuff is a difficult task and that is putting it mildly... just my opinions
guys... and soon enough when the 3D printers and the CNC equipment become
cheap enough, we won't be able to give our machines away... in the
meantime, if anyone agrees with my thoughts and wants to send me their
machine, please contact me privately... LMAO!!!!!!!!…. Joe B.