You have pretty much hit everything right on the head Joe. I have this wish
that I had waited to buy one. I paid $3600 for everything and Harvey her in the
Milwaukee area has a very nice one for $800. Hindsight is 20/20 they say. But
as it is I hope to get up and running eventually. Right now I am looking at
having a local person who has a large cnc do some sheet cutting for me. Then I
can spend more time on spindles and mouldings.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 1:26 PM, 'joe biunno' via Legacy Ornamental
Mills<legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com> wrote:   Hi Tim K.... I doubt
anyone would be a buyer at $5,000... still overpriced... I would think $2,000
to $2,500 might get a sale, but it might take some time before a sale is
realized, but even at that price, it is a reach... and you still have the old
"location" problem and the expenses of picking up a machine... and would the
buyer be interested in a purchase for a business reason or a semi-serious, home
shop woodworker?... not a lot of hobby-ist type people can afford that price
for a machine that, lets face it, even with the best of intentions, most likely
will not use it very often... I have seen situations like this many times, most
often at an auction, where the owner of a shop is retiring or simply closing
down his shop for anyone of a number of reasons and thinks an auction of his
equipment is going to provide a windfall of money... the person who is selling
this Legacy is also selling a number of other machines and they are well over
priced as well... usually not taken into account is the age of the machines,
their inefficiency as compared to newer, modern machinery that can do the work
faster, safer and better... let's not be swayed by the dozen-or-so, die hard
Legacy owners who are the main force of this group. and who will most likely
die owning their Legacy machines... selling this stuff is a difficult task and
that is putting it mildly... just my opinions guys... and soon enough when the
3D printers and the CNC equipment become cheap enough, we won't be able to give
our machines away... in the meantime, if anyone agrees with my thoughts and
wants to send me their machine, please contact me privately... LMAO!!!!!!!!….
Joe B.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/legacy-ornamental-mills/99b6d6c8-4cb8-4bfa-a1bd-15e3e458a752%40googlegroups.com.