I was greatly confused...it doesn't take much. I couldn't decide if it
was supposed to be "taper" but when the workpiece came off, it
was clear it could be a tapper handle. But I'm guessing out of
ignorance....I don't frequent places that use tappers, so my
vocabulary has been enhanced (again).
Interesting work, Curt.
I see the angle grinder mounted so the cutter plane is 90° to the
axis of the work instead of following the helix angle, creating a
sort of skew cut. Does this distort the profile of the cut or does
it create a desirable profile by intent?  Doesn't really matter, just
curious. Take credit for the creative genius!
DanK