Good morning Dan.
Yes this is what I am working for.the Legacy is the fixed point, the jig/table
will be adjustable so I can very different size of the ovals ark/shape, the
size of the oval will be dependent to the router bit/Legacy.The linkage could
be a slot or a bar, pushing or pulling the top as it rotates around the sun
gear, making the oval.Now the template, I need to think on that one.  I know
that indexing an Oval/ even spacing on an oval. needs a special indexing plate,
 Perhaps a template could surface???  But that's a long way from where I am at,
At this time. But a very nice idea!
NOW "Not" trying to change the subject.  What you suggest about the Spirograph
type of designs, Are made by the way of a Geometric chuck, That too. I have
been working on for a while.  (and I am very close to finishing that project as
well. but that is a different topic all together. )
Have a GREAT Day, and a Happy New Year.As for me, I'm going out to the shop now
and see if I can dig up some parts to make this linkage for the table.
talk to you, (and all) more latter.
C.A.G.
    On Monday, January 1, 2024 at 10:22:57 AM EST, cdkr...@gmail.com