Nice, thanks for sharing Curt.

What do you use for a stylus to contact the template?

Jeff from Connecticut
Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 12, 2024, at 12:44 AM, 'Curt George' via Legacy Ornamental Mills <legacy-ornamental-mills@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Hello  Everyone.

I had some free time today, so I made these templates for my Legacy, Only one has been tested so far, but I do think most of these should work well for my uses.

I can use these templates on All of my wood working equipment, both of my Legacy's as well the lathes I own.

Note: I see and use templates not as the final part of turning, but as a general guide for basic shaping of my spindles.

Making stainless steel templates is not all that hard, by using an abrasive cutting wheel, and some hand files + a wire wheel to remove any burs...  the process is pretty easy. (If anyone wants to know more, Please ask.)
Tomorrow I hope to be able to try some of these out on some of my bone turning.
Have a good night everyone.