Good morning guys!
Thank you for the kind notes.I really like to use templates, Not like I need
them but they do helpa lot to keep things as simple as possible.Jeff. On my
Legacy 1000ex and my 200 the stylist is a 1/2" ball bearing guide, And on my
Shop Smith lathethe stylist is the exact shape as the cutter that I am using.
So fine details can be added/copied.  As a General note, I do use all my
equipment on everything that I do,  I was taught Uniformity is the key to
success, I can switch form the Legacy to my lathe and back again to the Legacy,
with in just a few seconds with out having to change my set-up at all. This
general idea lets me make a higher quality of product, faster and easer then
using just one machine by its self.these stainless steel templates just help me
keep this concept running smoothly.the hard part about making a template is
keeping the size to scale of what I want. For me, with these ones that I made,
are for some of my bone turning. since the blanks are mostly the same size, my
templates can not be larger then the largest part of the blank, and also the
smallest part of the template can not be smaller then 1/4" or I will cut into
the brass shaft that is in the mid. of the bone blanks.And then you still need
to keep the basic shapes, to make them look nice. The hard part is keeping the
templates with in the scale you need. some templates work, some don't work as
well. I am always tweakingthe templates with a small file and or sanding a edge
to try to find what I need, for the look that I want.I plan to play with some
of these templates today.
    On Monday, February 12, 2024 at 08:49:07 AM EST, cdkr...@gmail.com