From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dawn Crowley
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 9:20 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Reunion Question

I'd make a copy of my database for folks to edit.  Personally, it wouldn't be out of my sight, either.  However, the advantages far outweigh the diligence.  You might also opt to make it available at specific times so that you are free to participate in other activities.

As for corruption & deleting files, I don't know how to do this, but I have an idea of what I'd want:
  1)  Password protect the computer when it is idle or when you step away from it.
  2)  When your computer is first turned on, is there a way to log in as a different "person" with limited capabilities?  (i.e.: using Legacy, using the specified copy of your database, and maybe internet)

Dawn

Lucy McDonald Shore wrote:

Hi

In a couple of weeks our family is having a reunion. In an attempt to provide members with as much genealogical information as I can, I'd like to have my laptop there with Legacy. But there are problems:

1. If they attempt to enter some information, they could well corrupt my family file

2. They could well delete files.

I do want to encourage the use of this -- does anyone have any suggestions (other than having somebody 'babysit' the computer for the weekend?

Suggestions welcome!

Lucy

Legacy User Group guidelines can be found at: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp

To find past messages, please go to our searchable archives at: http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/