Regarding Backups: The latest news is that CDs have a reliable life of about
30 years. DVDs, about 10. You can buy archival disks with a longer life. The
most reliable backup medium is a hard drive. They are quite inexpensive. I
buy an external drive case (about the size of a novel), put in a hard drive,
plug it into a USB or flash port, turn it on and drag and drop my important
files (Including installation files for Legacy), unplug the drive and store
it away from dust and electromagnetic risks. No need for CD burning software
at all. Painless and reliable. You can buy external drives ready-made, but
doing it yourself is cheaper and very easy.

If you do use CD or DVD disks, remember to redo them every few years. Either
can be tricky to create so that they will play on other computers. I just
use settings that enhance compatibility. The DVD + format seems to be the
most universally compatible.

To address the problem of your program telling you to insert a disk, I can
relate! Each CD recorder has some disks it will not recognize. Different
brands of disks use different types of coatings. You will notice that some
are blue, some silver, etc. Read the manual that came with your equipment.
It should tell you what brands work with your particular hardware.

Judie