To: <LegacyUserGroup@LegacyFamilyTree.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2006 11:55 AM
Subject: [LegacyUG] Where to Enter Obits?

Hi LUG'ies!

Just curious--where do most of you enter the actual text of an obituary?

Should the obituary text be entered under a person's Events, cite the Source, then in the Source Details window, do most of you enter the obit under the Text tab?

Further, I have this nice person in my family who sends me tons of obituaries (what a blessing!)of family members, many of whom I am unfamiliar. It's great to get the obits, but she doesn't include any of the source infomation: eg. newspaper name, published date, page, column.

How would you enter this obituary information? Create an "Unknown" source, or create an "Obituary-on-File" source, then enter the obit in the Source Details window?

Just wanna know what most of you do in these situations.

Thanks for the input!

Richard Heckman
[EMAIL PROTECTED]