     *  From: Brian/Support [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
     *  Sent: Friday, August 11, 2006 1:45 PM
     *  To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
     *  Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] PDFs and RTFs

     *
     *  Alastair,
     *
     *  I just ran a Descendant Narrative Report for Asa Clark Brown in the
     *  Sample File on a Pentium 150 with 96 MB of Memory. It took close to
     *  three minutes to generate the report for the preview and at no time
did
     *  I see any sign that there was some kind of intermediate file on the
     *  screen. It went directly from the sheet counter display in the
printer
     *  on the report set up screen to the display of the preview. As one of
the
     *  other users asked, where are you seeing signs of this intermediate
file?
     *
     *  Brian
     *  Customer Support
     *  Millennia Corporation
     *  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
     *  http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com
     *
     *  We are changing the world of genealogy!
     *
     *  When replying to this message, please include all previous
correspondence.
     *  Thanks.
     *
     *
     *  Alastair Lack wrote:
     *  > Couimet3 - , if you watch carefully what is happening, Legacy goes
     *  > through two processes. First it creates a formatted text file that
is
     *  > much better than its RTF file, then it goes on to create the PDF.
     *  >
     *  > It would improve the reporting facillity considerably if the two
     *  > processes could be separated.
     *  >
     *  > Pat, you can of course download the free Acrobat reader - but that
     *  > doesn't help. We are talking about creating PDF files, not reading
     *  > them
     *  >
     *  > Well, Sherry or Ken - can we interrupt the process?
     *  >
     *  > Regards
     *  >
     *  > Alastair
     *
     *
     *  Legacy User Group guidelines can be found at:
     *  http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp
     *
     *  To find past messages, please go to our searchable archives at:
     *  http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/
     *
     *  For online technical support, please visit
     *  http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp
     *
     *  To unsubscribe please visit:
     *  http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/LegacyLists.asp
     *
     *
     *
     *
     *  --
     *  No virus found in this incoming message.
     *  Checked by AVG Free Edition.
8/11/2006