Hi Diane,

I use a simple list in general notes, it is in general notes as I started
making the list when using FTM that had just one note place. It is an
adaptation of the William Dollarhide filing system. I have used this system
since before 1988. So far I can find anything quickly & easily. No need to
worry about RIN & MRIN changing, besides my brain thinks of people by name
not by a number. Hope this will email in columns. Legacy is rather 'weak' in
doing columns in the notes.

Ann
New Mexico USA

REFERENCE LOG:
Surname #               Type of Record
COCHRANE MN 4  Land Patent for Jane's homestead
COCHRANE MN 5  Homestead application and related papers, has her signature &
her brother William's
COCHRANE WI 3  Biography of John R. Cochrane family, he is father of Jane
Elizabeth that married John R. Cochrane
HARTUNG MN 2  1900 U.S. Census for dau. Margaret Ann, her parents b: Ireland
HARTUNG MN 7  Transcript marriage cert for Margaret & John Hartung
HARTUNG MN 16  Interview w/Mrs Smith in Donnelly description of hotel
HARTUNG MN 43  David signed homestead proof for John Hartung 21 Aug 1883
HARTUNG MN 52  1875 MN State Census, Wabasha Co. census for dau. Margaret
Ann, her father b. Ireland
HUDDLESTON CA 1  Obituary for son John states John was 1 of 14 children of
David & Jane
HUDDLESTON IRE 5      List of cemetery inscriptions, drawings of markers
from Margaret Zerwekh Mar 1999
HUDDLESTON IRE 9      Ireland, County Down, Downpatrick - Presbyterian
Church Records - 1859-1902 - William Huddleston-Eliza Jane Crail Notice of
Marriage - 1859
HUDDLESTON IRE 10     Ireland, County Down, Downpatrick - Presbyterian
Church Records - 1859-1902 - William Huddleston-Eliza Jane Crail  Marriage
Solemnized - 1859