Recently I downloaded the trial version of Clooz, and am using the option
that says I am working with Legacy.

I was entering data from a census and found a new relative.  So to play it
safe, I closed Clooz, and added the new individual to Legacy, the reopened
Clooz.  When I attempted to link the census data to the new individual,
Clooz couldn't find him and asked if I wanted to add him to Legacy.

I said "yes," thinking it would tell me I already had him there, but it
instead it added him to Legacy.  So I decided to merge the two.  So I
closed Clooz, backedup my Legacy file and attempted a manual merge.

I selected FIRST GUY, then attempted to select the individual to merge
with him by slecting FIRST GUY #2 (the entry made via Clooz) from the name
list.  However, I got a message "Error [no error number] Individual '2769'
was not found"  -- this before the name list even appeared on the screen!
But when I clicked on OK or the white X in the red box of the Error
message I just elicited musical tones and the box just popped right back
up.

Same thing when I tried to close Legacy.

So I decided to close all other programs and close my computer down to
"Restart."  As it was closing down I got a message saying the Name List
was not responding.  Then I got a message saying "Legacy can't quit."  I
turned the comuter off with the On/Off button but that just caused it to
Hibernate.

I was on my Laptop, so I unplugged the cord and took the battery out,
waited a few minutes, putit back in, and turned the computer on.

I was able to open Legacy AND the file without any problem, but when I
again attempted the merge, I got the same error message, which again I am
unable to close.

So-o-o,
1) why won't the error message close?
2) Do I just need to forget this particular file and open the backup?

3) How do I add new people to Legacy and get them to show up in Clooz when
I'm using Clooz?

4) Or-Does this mean that whenever I add someone to my Legacy database, I
have to do it through Clooz??

5) If Legacy and Clooz are working together, why can't I make new entries
into Legacy and have them show up in Clooz automatically?

Pat