Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 6:56 AM
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Paid Genealogy Search Sites

Laura,
I could not function without Ancestry.com. It is true, if you are near a public library that subscribes and they have enough computers you could do without buying it yourself. However, if you like going from Legacy's Resource module directly to Ancestry, it obviously needs to be available on your home computer.
You might want to try the trial subscription then sign up for the monthly program(overall much more expensive.) Unless you do alot of British Isles, be sure you sign up for only the US version.
Best of luck, Nick Cirillo

"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I am just now returning to doing my family’s genealogy, and am wondering if anybody has subscribed to any of the paid genealogy search sites, like Ancestry.com. I have used Legacy for a long time, and now that there is an option to link to numerous sites from within the program, I am wondering if any of these are more beneficial than others. The subscription are rather pricey.

Laura

Legacy User Group guidelines can be found at: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp

To find past messages, please go to our searchable archives at: http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/

For online technical support, please visit http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp