Using Legacy 6.0.0.79 (20 January 2006) - Updating this week

Background

1. Hard drive wouldn't boot - had corrupt file which could not be repaired.
2.  Installed new hard drive and reinstalled Windows XP.
3.  Made new hard drive Master and old drive Slave.
4. Copied files from old hard drive to new drive in folder called "Old C Drive" (including Legacy). Will integrate necessary stuff later. 5. Attempted to start Legacy but get Runtime Error 339 (DLL or OCX file changed, missing, etc.). Obviously a shared file is now missing. 6. Legacy web page instructions are to first uninstall Legacy and then reinstall.

Questions

1. Believe I will not bother with the program existing in the old C drive folder. Would like to do a new install on my new C drive. I have the Legacy 6.0 CD. Should I install from it and then download updates from the website? OR should I download the whole program from the website?

2. I need to copy my data files over to the new drive as well. There are many files in this folder other than my family databases; i.e, with extensions of CB, FG, TC and so on. What are these and can I just leave them behind? What besides the family files do I need to relocate?

3. Anything else I need to be mindful of? I do have backups on my hard drive and on CD.

Thanks -
Kay Fordham