One would be to create a custom event, say, Servant-Employer, with the name and id of the servant in the description. You could create a matching event, Servant-Of with the name of the employer.

I'm currently developing an Legacy addon to record non-lineage links between people in Legacy databases but whether it will get beyond a utility for my own person use and become suitable for others to use I don't know.
Chris

----- Original Message ----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: LegacyUserGroup@LegacyFamilyTree.com
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 10:20 PM
Subject: [LegacyUG] Tracking non-relatives

Is there a recommended way of tracking various individuals who have either a long-term or momentary relationship? Examples would be servants, clergymen, slaves, etc. For now, I can only see recording various notes and (in some cases) keeping track of separate families which I can "publish" as a separate chapter. It would seem even better if Legacy could permit additional kinds of "relationship" linkages.

Mike

Michael J Method

*** Give the gift of Legacy for the holidays! Order online at http://legacyfamilytree.com/Redirect/Store-Legacy.asp or call 1-800-753-3453. *** Legacy User Group guidelines can be found at: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp To find past messages, please go to our searchable archives at: http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@legacyfamilytree.com/ For online technical support, please visit http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Help.asp To unsubscribe please visit: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/LegacyLists.asp

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0658-0, 13/12/2006
Tested on: 14/12/2006 11:17:52

*** Give the gift of Legacy for the holidays! Order online at
http://legacyfamilytree.com/Redirect/Store-Legacy.asp or call 1-800-753-3453.
***