-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of WILLIAM
HATHAWAY
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 7:49 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Tracking non-relatives

I fully concur with the utility of permitting additional kinds of
"relationships" linkages.   Mike suggested good examples.   In my case, I
really started my file when I was asked to determine all the people buried
in a family plot - older cousins were trying to "reserve" their place and
we found two unrelated burials.  The Cemetery Association thought the line
had died out and started using it for indigents - we stopped that, but
those two are not going any place.   So I need to keep these two names in
my database for all the family to note when the question inevitably
reappears for future generations.    They appear in the "Index" view (my
favorite screen version for navigation) but are mostly invisible in other
standard reports.     For now I'll customize an explanatory paragraph in a
general family history "book" report, along with photos of the burial plot
and headstones.

But more flexibility in "other" relationship linkages would be welcome.
(I did find out what happens when one starts to document a few dozen for
one specific purpose.   I've now passed the 1800 individuals mark, even
with careful pruning of 'bogus' lines one finds all too often on some web
sites - I fully support the "verify, source, document, validate" concept.
Reality trumps fiction any time.   I've found some real characters while
doing this - something that would have been impossible for me without such
a powerful software program.)    I would welcome suggestions for general
genealogy discussion mailing lists not necessarily tied to Legacy topics -
it is Good to keep this one focused on Legacy only.

I have seen some schemes proposed for anticipated "cloned" individuals -
1st clone; clone of a clone; intermarriages - or genetically combined
series of clones.    It's a brave new world out here.

Egg donor, sperm donor, womb provider, surrogate combinations,
self-identified families ....

I've recently read of uterus transplants - female to female, but female to
male cannot be far behind.

When we (humanity) cross-breeds with aliens (extraterrestrial) or other
earth species or species-distinct mutants, the s/w will have to keep up.
For now, I'd be happy to include my god-children in my list.

Regards,

Wm. Hathaway