Please turn off HTML and only use "plain text" for the LUG

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Sandra
Tyler Duncan
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2006 2:04 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: [LegacyUG] Tracking non-relatives

    This is very interesting, because I have many non-relatives in my data,
all marked private. They are entered like: John X-Qpublic married Jane
X-Doe.I even have my dogs this way: Cocoa X-Duncan. The X helps me find the
record and since they are all marked private, they do not appear when I
submit my data and to make sure all do not show on the submitted stuff, I
just go check for surnames beginning with an "X". A recent search gave me
parents and siblings of an old acquaintance, no vital to my search for blood
relatives but a way to rest from my INTENSE search and I still get a thrill
when I hit pay-dirt, blood related or not. In my habit of doing this, I have
found LEGACY has helped me to keep data on lives other than that of my real
blood relatives, better than any othere program that I have ever had,
ever!!! My other prefix is for the 19 caregivers that we have had since a
massive stroke slowed me down a bit in 1998, they are listed thus: CG-Orphan
Annie [CG # 6] this aids me in keeping track of them for future reference
[CG stands for Caregiver]
Hope this helps some one.

http://worldconnect.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=purplevw1&id=I652
55

"The farther backward you can look, the farther forward you are likely to
see."

Sandra Tyler Duncan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]