Hi Rich,
I'm not sure if you are talking about the NATU tag when you mentioned
illegitimate or if you were referring to LEGA, but I think NATU is
what you are referring to. There was a thread I commented on a few
months ago where I mentioned all of the people in my GEDCOM were
imported with the child-parent relationship set to Natural. I had
asked why it wasn't automatically set to Natural when a new child was
added to a parent. People on the list explained that Natural could
sometimes be defined as illegitimate. But obviously if all of my
people had that tag (and they were actually all quite legitimate at
that point in my data gathering) then some other program was creating
that setting automatically with no morality implied.  Regardless, I
simply commented below that the NATU Gedcom tag doesn't seem to relate
to the parent-child setting. Unless Legacy imports from that tag into
that relationship. I think Stuart can obtain the definitions, since he
did define ASSO for us.

I actually didn't say for sure what ASSO is, I just tried to guess
what it might mean based on what Stuart wrote.

Your comment about Legacy importing the unknown codes in as tags -
when does that happen? I can see it dumping the data into Notes, but
even that I have no experience with. Does this happen with many GEDCOM
codes? (Anyone can answer.)

Susan