At 17:39 30/12/2006, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hello LUG from England,
    Can someone answer a location place question please? I am
trying to find out the correct name for a civil parish in Essex.
Is it 'St Paul Wickham' or 'Wickham St Paul?' Legacy's geo
database does not have it and I would like to know the proper one
before adding it my locations.
Thanks,
Myrna

Hi Myrna,

Strictly neither!

The "bible" for Parish registers, "The Phillimore Atlas and Index of Parish Registers" has it as Wickham St Paul's, (note the apostrophe ess)

Despite that, several UK atlases call it Wickham St Paul.

Just to add to the confusion, the Essex pages in GENUKI call it Wickham St Pauls.

In all cases, of course, the Wickham precedes the dedication to St Paul.

so I think I'd stick to Wickham St Pauls

HTH

Phil
Orpington, Kent

Phil Warn ô¿ô
Genealogists do it backwards
Family Historians take all steps
"The Warn family in Tetbury from 1722" <http://homepage.ntlworld.com/philwarn/FamHist1/index.htm>

*** Give the gift of Legacy for the holidays! Order online at
http://legacyfamilytree.com/Redirect/Store-Legacy.asp or call 1-800-753-3453.
***