-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jennifer
Crockett
Sent: Sunday, August 12, 2007 5:28 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Ahnentafel Numbering System

Hi Jim and Denise

I am using the MRIN system. Before I started, my paper records
were already filed by family name.  I started on my father’s side
and set my parents’ MRIN to number one. I then went through the
records changing the MRIN in Legacy as I went. This meant that
the numbers made sense and I could then easily remember that my
father’s side went from record 0001 to 0040, and my mother’s side
followed.

I had a lot of help from reading the system explained and
expanded here:
http://legacynews.typepad.com/legacy_news/organization/index.html
and follow the link to JL's article.

After a while, you get used to remembering the number of
important often used MRINs.

Jennifer