-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Linda
Altman
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2007 6:23 PM
To: LegacyUserGroup@legacyfamilytree.com
Subject: RE: [LegacyUG] Sourcing Question...

Here is the reason you need to source where you saw the information. Not all
digital images are equal to the microfilm. At times, tick marks can be lost
when the image is enhanced. Enhancements can also diminish handwriting
strokes therefore altering names. In addition at times the digital image is
the incorrect image. This was the case with Ancestry and some of the WWI
draft cards. The first page was correct however the second page was for a
different individual (this is the page with the person descriptions like
height and build). This mistake is unique to Ancestry.

You should only cite the source you actually viewed. If you viewed a
Heritage Quest census online, then that is your source and your repository.
If you viewed the actual NARA microfilm then you cite that as your source
and you list where you viewed it - your local library, NARA, etc.

Linda Altman
http://www.southerngenealogy.com