Speaking of access date, I notice there is 2 places to add a date. I use the Master Source date for when I first added the source. Then I use the detail date for when I added that particular information. I use the repository also in the detail, so I know if it was verified (& I would check) with the original information (if such a thing exists). Is that the right way to use it?

--
Kirstin
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Gail Nestor wrote:
Hi Sara, I wanted to respond to your question earlier, but was busy
with the start of school for my kids.  Because I am a source "lumper,"
I have a much easier time editing master sources (only 857 vs.
thousands of individual citations).  Then, for the source detail, I am
usually able to utilize the search and replace tools to help me make
changes.  Of course, there are some that have to be handled
individually, but it hasn't been too bad and it's worth the costs to
get it right in my opinion.

I'm sure there will be a need to tweak sources once again once v7 is
out, but I'm eager for this because I think it's going to help me get
sources into a Mills style format which is what I want.

Now there are many earlier sources where I failed to enter the
accessed date.  Oh well, if I look any of these up again I can use a
current accessed date.  However, some of them will probably not get
updated until I come upon them again.  The closer I am to my direct
lines, the more care I give to formatting and completeness.

Gail Rich Nestor
Smyrna, GA
www.roots2buds.net